Remember, aftercare is just part of the equation to successful results, but it is very important part of the equation.
Absorb, Wash, and Moisturize!
Absorb (Day of)
- fter the procedure, gently blot the area with a clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid.
- Do this every 5 minutes until the oozing has stopped.
- Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymphatic fluids.
Wash (Days 1-7)
Wash daily to remove bacteria, build up of product and oils, and dead skin. (Don't worry, THIS DOES NOT REMOVE THE PIGMENT!)
Gently wash the area each morning and night with water and gentle, mild, fragrance free soap.
- With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the area.
- Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away.
- To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or exfoliants.
Moisturize and hydrate (Days 1-7)
pply a tiny, rice grain amount of the Lush Beauty and Browtique Healing Salve 3 times a day with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area, or as needed for dry and itchiness.
Be sure not to over-apply, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The product should be barely noticeable on the skin.
- NEVER put the product on a wet or damp tattoo.
Healing Salve Instructions for use:
- Blot the treated area with a tissue for the first hour to remove the lymph fluid.
- Apply a very thin layer of the healing salve product with a cotton swab 3 times a day for 3 days or as needed.
- Using the fingertips, gently wash the area with a non-scented soap or cleanser morning and night, for 7 days. We prefer Goats Milk Soap for the best healed results.
- Avoid washcloths and scratching or picking at the tattoo during the healing process.
- Avoid hot tubs, steam rooms, public pools, sweaty exercise, or submerging the tattoo in water for the first 10 days.
- Avoid direct sunlight or tanning beds for 2 weeks after the tattoo.
- Avoid putting makeup on the area for the first week.
- Avoid facials, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color.
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid long, hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
Important Instructions for Showering
- Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair.
- Your face should only be getting wet only at the end of the shower.
- Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
Why LUSH Beauty & Browtique Aftercare products
It’s antibacterial and antimicrobial
- It helps to heal FAST - all organic, natural, essential oils help to increase both the rate and effectiveness of the healing process.
- It soothes and cools the skin - Making the skin soft, this healing salve is an incredible hydrater that relieves pain and increases comfort.
- It’s non-toxic - The ingredients are all organic and hand made by Nature Mama Bath and Bodycare. See our Bath and & Bodycare page for more products you will love!
- It's formula that is free of parabens and drying agents, such as alcohol.
- It helps the skin breathe as well as protects, so you don’t have to worry about it suffocating the skin.
- It’s safe to use, after opened -Some aftercare ointments can spoil once the product is oxidized, but this product can be used for up to 3 and a half years.
- It has SO many uses - Not only can you use the healing salve and other products in the package for PMU, you can also use it for minor burns and wounds such as Fibroblash, as aftercare for a body tattoo, any skin irritations, as an acne treatment, a lip balm, as an anti-wrinkle treatment, and even as a makeup base!